Coining Our Own Phrase. For lack of a better term in the health sciences we are herewith coining a phrase of our own — Salubrious Living. What do we mean by Salubrious Living? Let me make it perfectly clear. What we CREATORS have in mind is an effective, systematic program for the upgrading of the health and vigor of our precious White Race. We call this program Salubrious Living.
“Salubrious” comes from the Latin word “salubris”, meaning “healthy; wholesome; sound; useful; vigorous”. Webster’s dictionary defines salubrious as “1. favorable to, or promoting health or well being; invigorating; 2. spiritually wholesome; conducive to good results”.
First Become Aware. In CREATIVITY we have a more specific meaning in mind, a life style that is conductive to the best in bodily health and spiritual well-being in rounding out our concept of “a Sound Mind in a Sound Body in a Sound Society in a Sound Environment.” We want every CREATOR to follow a life style that will result in the optimum of health, happiness, vigor and productivity. We want to spell out the directives by which this can be achieved without necessarily going into too much detail, for once our members are conscious of the Salubrious Living program, there are now any number of good books that go into further detail about various aspects of Salubrious Living. Our church will see to it that we have such books available to our members at all times.
Similar to Natural Hygiene. Our program parallels very closely the philosophy known in certain health circles as Natural Hygiene. There is, in fact, an American Natural Hygiene Society that has been in existence for many years. I agree wholeheartedly with practically all their concepts, except I do not particularly like their terminology. “Natural” can mean almost anything, and a pot smoker, for instance, can argue that he is doing his “natural” thing. Also the word “Hygiene” implies the subject of cleanliness, and whereas we are all for cleanliness, that is not what Natural Hygiene is all about. One further distinction between our terminology, Salubrious Living, and Natural Hygiene is that the latter does not at all include racial hygiene (or eugenics) whereas we CREATORS strongly emphasize Eugenics as an integral part of our program of Salubrious Living.
Indebted to Dr. Shelton. Dr. Herbert M. Shelton was an early pioneer in Natural Hygiene and has contributed probably more than any other individual in establishing this art or science in modern times. He stands out as a giant of a man in this vital movement. We, the White Race, are greatly indebted to him for the dedicated research, promotion and voluminous amount of literature he has contributed to this extremely important aspect of our life.
A.M.A. Hostile. Who invented Natural Hygiene? I certainly didn’t. Dr. Shelton didn’t. To ask such a question is to ask who invented breathing, or exercise. Certainly the A.M.A. and the orthodox medical profession didn’t. They are, in fact deadly foes of Natural Hygiene, because primarily, if everyone practiced it there would be little need for hospitals, clinics, drugs, “medicines”, x-rays, and most devastating of all to the orthodox medical profession, very little need for doctors. It would, in fact, reduce the fraudulent business of “medicine” from a 250 billion dollar a year racket to complete impotence and insignificance. Not only that but if everyone understood and practiced Natural Hygiene our people would be much healthier, happier and more energetic.
* * * * *
Salubrious Living. Having acknowledged our considerable indebtedness to the Natural Hygiene movement and delineated what difference there is between it and Salubrious Living we are now going to drop the term Natural Hygiene and talk about Salubrious Living.
What do we CREATORS understand by Salubrious Living? Briefly we can spell it out in a few dozen sentences.
1. We believe in living in accord with our human biological heritage and in harmony with the Laws of Nature.
2. This means eating fresh wholesome food in its natural state as Nature has given it to us. It must be uncooked, unprocessed, unpreserved and not tampered with in any other way. This further means it must be organically grown, without the use of chemicals.
3. Availing ourselves of a clean, wholesome environment — fresh, unpolluted air; clean water; and the beneficial therapy from the direct rays of the sun, every day.
4. Some form of strenuous physical exercise several times a week.
5. Rest and relaxation, both mental and physical, including sound and efficient sleep.
6. A form of recreation that is gratifying to our sense of accomplishment.
7. A sense of purpose, security and confidence to fuel our goals for accomplishment and living the good life. We must have goals and we must be motivated.
- Deliberate self-mastery of our life and our work.
9. Gregarious living within the framework of our CREATIVE religion, our White society and social intercourse with our White Racial Comrades. We are social animals.
10. Healthy expression of our sexual instincts.
11. Living in a pleasing and healthful environment.
12. We do not believe in the use of any “medicines”, drugs or chemicals as having any healing or therapeutic value. In fact, all medicines, drugs, narcotics and chemicals are poisonous and toxic to the human body. Furthermore, and for the same reason, we do not believe in the use of vitamin, mineral, or enzyme supplements, nor the use of artificial food coloring, preservatives, nor refined or fragmented foods.
13. We strongly believe in the practice of fasting as the best means of ridding the body of accumulated poisons and toxins. We are convinced that fasting is the most natural and effective means the body has of overcoming all forms of disease, and restoring itself back to health.
14. Living in, and promoting a eugenic White society. This means that we take particular care in not only assuring the perpetuation of our precious White Race, but we take deliberate care that the misfits are culled and that each generation advances to higher and more salubrious levels, physically, aesthetically and mentally.
Differing from Natural Hygiene. This fairly well sums up our concept of Salubrious Living. Except for No. 2, the first 11 categories are fairly well recognized by the average individual, although not necessarily practiced.
In No. 12 we radically part company with the orthodox medical profession, and even with the “health faddists” who slavishly patronize our so-called “health food” stores dispensing vitamin and other supplements, and other unnecessary processed and refined pills and potions.
In No. 13 we strongly advocate a health practice which is far more effective in bringing the body system back to health than all the drugs and medicines put together, but unfortunately few people are familiar with.
On the subject of Eugenics, of course we have a great deal to say in this book, since it is the heart of our religious doctrine. We will therefore not go into it again in this segment of the book, but will have separate chapters on the subject of fasting, and the subject of drugs and medicine.
However, if there is one particular subject that sets Salubrious Living apart from the “health faddists”, it is eating wholesome natural foods in its raw, uncooked state. This is very important, and we will devote a whole chapter to this subject.
But first let us examine what kind of animal are we, and what category of foods Nature has designed us for. For this we must study our own digestive system in comparison to other species. This we will do, and the next chapter determines once and for all what our rightful food category really is.